Posts for tag: Abdominal Pain
Find out whether your abdominal distress might mean that it’s time to schedule an appointment with us.
There are so many reasons why you could be dealing with abdominal discomfort. Perhaps it was something you ate, or maybe you find that your stomach gets upset whenever you are stressed. While you may know what’s to blame, this isn’t always the case. Here are some symptoms and scenarios that warrant a trip to one of our Henderson and Las Vegas, NV, gastroenterologists:
- If you have severe abdominal pain
- If your abdominal pain continues to get worse or lasts more than six hours
- If the pain is so bad that it prevents you from eating
- If you are also vomiting
- If you are pregnant and experiencing abdominal pain
- Pain that occurs after eating
- Pain that gets worse when moving around
- Pain that is so bad that it wakes you up at night
- Pain accompanied by vaginal bleeding
- Pain accompanied by the inability to pass gas, have a bowel movement or urinate
- Pain that is on your lower right portion of the abdomen
- Pain along with a fever over 101 degrees F
If in doubt, you should always call one of our Henderson and Las Vegas GI doctors to see whether your symptoms warrant a visit to our office.
What could be causing my abdominal pain?
This is a great question and one that’s nearly impossible to answer without first examining you and discussing your symptoms. Where the pain is located is a great indicator of what could be going on. Here are some of the common diseases and problems based on the location of your abdominal pain:
- If you have upper abdominal pain it could be due to stomach ulcers, gastritis or pancreatitis.
- If the pain is concentrated in the upper right side this could be due to problems with your liver or gallbladder.
- If pain is more on the upper left side then you may be dealing with an enlarged spleen.
When it comes to lower abdominal pain this can be particularly tricky. Common issues include ovarian cysts, ovarian inflammation or torsion, appendicitis, uterine diseases, urinary tract infection or uterine fibroids.
If you are experiencing any of the issues above the sooner you seek treatment the sooner you will experience the relief you need. Call Comprehensive Digestive Institute of Nevada in Henderson and Las Vegas today.